Ingrid Bouteille is very excited to join the St. Joseph team as the kindergarten teacher. She received a BS in health science from Chico State, and continued at Notre Dame de Namur University in Belmont to get her teaching credential. She taught first grade for five years at Catholic schools in Northern California, and took a break to start a family. As her boys progressed through school, Ingrid was very busy volunteering in their classrooms and in the PTA. Now that they are older, Ingrid is eager to return to teaching and feels blessed to be part of the St. Joseph community.
California Common Core Standards are taught and assessed in the following subject areas:
- Journeys, a balanced literacy program for language arts, spelling, and grammar.
- RazzKids and Lexia (individualized)-App
- Step Up to Writing program to guide in writing narrative, opinion, and informational genres
- Writing Without Tears- hand writing concepts program
- Envision Math series
- ST Math (individualized)-App
- hands on learning and exploring math concepts
- Daily faith formation
- Character education, faith building, and community service
- Gospel Thursday to preview the upcoming Sunday’s Gospel message
- Mystery Science, hands on exploration and NGSS based
- Integrated throughout the curriculum during our Blended Learning stations.
- 2x per week