Ms. Villagómez was born and raised here in the South Bay. She received a BA in Liberal Studies with a Minor is Spanish in 1995. In 2005, she received her MA in Education with a Preliminary Administrative Credential from SJSU. She is passionate about learning and hopes to keep inspiring the students to be curious, explore, and practice the Scholarly Traits. She also followed her passion of exercise and got certified with ACE as a Personal Trainer in 2014. She makes time to enjoy trips to local museums, zoos, libraries, and local events with her daughter Sophia Rose.
1st Grade Curriculum
California Common Core Standards are taught and assessed in the following subject areas:
- Journeys, a balanced literacy program for language arts, spelling, and grammar.
- RazzKids and Lexia (individualized)-App
- Step Up to Writing program to guide in writing narrative, opinion, and informational genres
- Read, Write, and Type program for keyboarding skills
- Envision Math series
- ST Math (individualized)-App
- hands on learning and exploring math concepts
- Daily faith formation
- Character education, faith building, and community service
- Gospel Thursday to preview the upcoming Sunday’s Gospel message
- Mystery Science, hands on exploration and NGSS based
- Integrated throughout the curriculum during our Blended Learning stations.
- 2x per week